[LDM #MNK-989154]: comparing, contrasting two ldm servers

Hi SJ,

re:
> I noticed something kinda weird - most of the model data is not being written
> to the
> share, but instead to the data directory in ldm's home. [coamps, exmwf, ens,
> gfs,
> gfs0.5deg, ice, mrf, nam12km, nogaps, nohrsc, nwsmdl, nww, qpf, radar, ruc,
> umet] go to
> ldm's directory on the system disk, which fills up in about a week.
> nam40.gem is
> writing to the share - /Volumes/desert/data/realtime/gempak/model/nam . This
> apparently
> changed 29 August. ?

Michael told me about this last week... the data is being written where the
pattern-action files (mostly for CONDUIT) say to write them.  What we need to
do is modify the pattern-action file actions that don't write to the
/Volumes/desert/data/realtime/gempak/model directory structure; check the
validity of the edits ('ldmadmin pqactcheck'); and then send a HUP signal
to 'pqact' (ldmadmin pqactHUP).  We can do this for you if you like.  It won't
be until midday today, however.

Sorry I forgot to attend to this when Michael first alerted me to the problem!

Ticket ID: MNK-989154
Department: Support LDM