[LDM #REX-234477]: iowa LDM

Hi Bongchul,

re:
> Could you tell me what you mean by "all"? Are we getting radar data from all
> radar sites?

Yes.

re:
> I have been here for seven years and knows well about the Hydro-NEXRAD
> project.
> Currently, we need radar data from only seven radar sites (some more sites may
> be added in the future, but we do not need everything).

I just talked to the Unidata person who has worked closely with others at UIowa
on the Hydro-NEXRAD project, and as far as he can remember, UIowa has _always_
REQUESTed all of the NEXRAD2 data.  Anton should be able to shed more light
on this.

re:
> I think that WMO has a different story. We are getting Q2 product (national
> mosaic from NSSL) for a Iowa tile from the feed.

We agree.  The plots and list for what you are receiving from the CONDUIT
(aka NMC2) and WMO (aka IDS|DDPLUS|HDS) feeds show that you are getting
a very small fraction of the data contained in these datastreams.  Your
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file, however, shows that you are REQUESTing all
of the data in those feeds:

Snippit from your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file:

REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
REQUEST NEXRAD2 ".*" idd.aos.wisc.edu ALTERNATE

#Oklahoma QPE
REQUEST WMO ".*" 129.15.110.182 PRIMARY
REQUEST NMC2 ".*" 129.15.110.182 PRIMARY

The fact that you are not receiving all of the CONDUIT (aka NMC2)
and WMO feeds indicates that the site you are feeding the data
from (129.15.110.182 <-> nmqxrt-31.nssl.noaa.gov) has limited their
ALLOW to the subset that you are getting.  You can verify that
the upstream is limiting your REQUEST by looking through your
LDM log file(s) and looking for 'reclass' messages.

Ticket ID: REX-234477
Department: Support LDM