[LDM #PFK-426667]: Load average goes above 10 on weather3.admin.niu.edu running LDM

Hi Gilbert,

re: Can we log onto Weather3 and poke around?

> Go ahead. If I shut off the level 3 feed, the load goes down to 4.5.
> If I shut off the level 2 feed, the load goes to .5.

I just logged onto weather3 to see what I could see...

It appears that the slowness is associated with disk I/O.  I first
thought that you might be trying to write to an NFS mounted
file system, but I don't see anything that would indicate that
in the output from 'mount'.

Quick questions:

- how long has the high load average problem existed on weather3?

- how long has /media/WD Passport been mounted?

Ticket ID: PFK-426667
Department: Support LDM