[LDM #WMK-256465]: 'Not a WMO format message' error

Justin,

> Thanks for looking into this. It seems that I was missing a key part of
> what our processing does when ingesting this data, it does more than just
> insert it into the LDM queue, it wraps it with the CR CR LF. before piping
> it to pqing.

Yes. Unfortunately that meant I was diagnosing two problems instead of just one
(not a WMO message and message-too-large).

> The original error message I saw in the LDM log, using the data that was
> properly formatted, complained about the Buffer size:
>
> Aug 03 16:10:18 s2n5 local0:err|error pqing[917610] ERROR: Buffer would
> exceed 1048576, resetting input
> Aug 03 16:10:18 s2n5 local0:info pqing[917610] INFO: Expanding input buffer
> size to 4194304
>
> What Buffer is being referred to here? Is this something the a user can
> redefine?

The buffer is a storage area into which bytes are written and from which bytes
are read. When the reading program sees a WMO boundary (SOH CR CR LF), it
discards everything in the buffer up to the start of the message and shifts the
remainder to the start of the buffer. When the reading program sees the enf of
a WMO message, it tells pqing(1) to insert the buffer data into the
product-queue as a data-product.

The buffer is designed to increase in size, as necessary, in order to
accommodate larger WMO messages. There's a maximum limit on the size, however,
at 1048576 bytes. WMO messages that are larger than this can't be processed. I
don't know where this value came from.

Are your WMO messages larger?

The maximum limit is set by the C macro MAX_CIRCBUFSIZE in the file
"src/pqing/fxbuf.c". If you need a larger value, then you could redefine it,
and then rebuild and reinstall the pqing(1) program. For example

    cd src/pqing
    vi fxbuf.c
    make install

> Thanks,