[LDM #YNE-961543]: Configuring ldm for use in user-space

Gerry,

> Might be time to look for another route to rotate files?

Creating another way to rotate the log files would take significant effort
considering that the entire LDM package uses the system logging daemon, which
is holding open the LDM log file. I'm not sure the benefit of doing this is
sufficient to make it a priority -- especially given our limited resources.

> I know. I do NOT think 388 will be a problem, but they do get requests from
> all sorts of users for root access for this and that... usually folks who
> shouldn't be allowed said access. I still have to make sure I can even run
> the service on their computer without being kicked off, but at least we can
> discuss that. I'll also ask 'em to do the root-services for me when we
> discuss it.

I suggest executing the configure(1) script with the option
"--disable-root-actions" and then having the superuser execute the command
"make root-actions" at the end of
the install. The person can execute the command "make -n root-actions" or look
at the makefile to see what it does.

> Thanks, Gerry

Regards,
Steve Emmerson