[LDM #LTH-656578]: decoders

Hi Marty,

I was too quick on the gun in sending you the previous emails -- you were
already aware of the need to login to a gateway machine first, etc.  Sorry
for jumping the gun!

The first thing I found is that the environment variable LDMHOME
is _not_ defined in your ~ldm/.bash_profile file.  This environment
variable not being defined will make your LDM do some strange and
unexpected things ... just like what you reported to Steve in a
separate email today.

I defined LDM home in ~ldm/.bash_profile and cleaned up the setting
of PATH a bit (nothing serious with PATH; I'm just anal :-).  I then
wiped out your LDM 6.10.1 build by:

<as 'ldm'>
-- modify ~ldm/.bash_profile
-- logoff and back on as 'ldm' so that new settings in ~ldm/.bash_profile
   are in scope

cd ~ldm/ldm-6.10.1/src
make distclean

At this point (since I don't have 'root' login to your machine and since
'ldm' is not in the sudoers list), I want you to build the LDM from
scratch:

-- if you are logged in as 'ldm', logout and then log back in

ldmadmin stop

-- verify that LDMHOME is defined:

env | grep LDMHOME

-- rebuild LDM 6.10.1 from scratch:

cd ~ldm/ldm-6.10.1/src
./configure && make install

After the LDM has been rebuilt (with LDMHOME defined), we will
need to do some clean-up of directories/links.

Please let me know when the rebuild is finished.

Ticket ID: LTH-656578
Department: Support LDM