[LDM #DXJ-975558]: help with new LDM install?

Susan,

> I made a logs directory in there. It should be (or I think it is on
> the old server.)
> I started up ldm to see if anything would get written there and was
> immediately hit with a ton of windows (in the GUI) saying "You can't
> open the application dcgrib2 because PowerPC applications are no
> longer supported." Boxes repeated all over the window also saying the
> same thing about dcmetr, dcnldn, dctaf. This is new. And weird, since
> I compiled GEMPAK on this machine, which is of course intel. ?

Well... there's your problem. Once you get the GEMPAK decoders working, then
everything should be fine.

I'm afraid I can't help you with that particular problem, however, as I know
almost nothing about GEMPAK. You might ask the GEMBUD mailing-list.

> -sj
>
> address@hidden
>
> Susan Jane Curtis
> Computer Consultant
> Department Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
> NC State University
> 3150 Jordan Hall - Box 8208
> Raleigh NC 27695
>
> 919-515-2609