[LDM #NUP-437021]: Multiple LDMs running on one system

Daniel,

> Full Name: Daniel Fredette
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6.10.1
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello,
>
> I have created 2 ldm users, ldm and ldm_test on the same system.
> They were both compiled independently.  With the one difference ldm_test
> being compliled with --enable-port=38888.  I have been looking at the
> section of "Running Multiple LDM-s".
>
> I started one LDM running and I am trying to start the other LDM running
> and I have a script that checks to see if ldm is already running and it
> gets stuck there.  I went through and debugged ldmadmin and what happens
> is when it hits the ldmping in isRunning() it cannot tell the difference
> between the two feeds.
>
> So my question is, do you need to have a virtual IP in order to run two
> LDMs independently and control them independently on one system?

You should be able to run two LDM-s on the same system -- each listening for
connections on any interface -- simply by having two different LDM user
accounts and building one using the default port and the other using a
different port via the "--enable-port=..." configure(1) option (as you did).
We've done that here with complete success.

The ldmping(1) utility of the "enable-port=38888" should only try to connect to
port 38888 and not port 388 -- so it shouldn't be confused.

> Thanks
> Dan

Regards,
Steve Emmerson