[LDM #YWU-538195]: AIX Rotate Syslog

Jeff,

> Is AIX syslog.conf 'rotate' parm disruptive to ldm 's logging?

I don't know. We've never used the AIX syslog.conf "rotate" parameter because
it's non-standard.

> We would like to try to use it's AIX syslogd rotation than ldm's.
>
> Our ldm admin has shorten when ldm 'hups' our syslogd.  Now our
> system logs never reaches it's rotation of one day.

The LDM system's mechanism for rotating log files can be disabled in LDM 6.9
and later packages by setting the registry parameter "/log/rotate" to 0 via the
command "regutil -u 0 /log/rotate" and in LDM 6.8 and earlier packages by
editing the file "etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf" and setting the parameter "$log_rotate"
to 0. You must also ensure that the command "ldmadmin newlog" is never executed
(by a crontab(1) entry, for example).

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Regards,