[LDM #CHI-693571]: LDM PQACT REGEX (UNCLASSIFIED)

Hi LySanias,

re:
> I am trying to match the pattern of files being requested by one of our LDM
> servers from another.  The products are making into the downstream LDM but
> the PQACT regular expression does not seem to be working.  It should match
> everything as in "ls obs_*.shef".  I have tried:
>
> EXP     ^(\Qobs_\E.*\Q.shef\E)
> FILE    -overwrite      /home/shefload/JSHEF_LOAD/OBSERVED/\1
>
> and
>
> EXP     ^(obs_.*\.shef)
> FILE    -overwrite      /home/shefload/JSHEF_LOAD/OBSERVED/\1
>
> and
>
> EXP     ^([Oo][Bb][Ss])(.*)([Ss][Hh][Ee][Ff])
> FILE    -overwrite      /home/shefload/JSHEF_LOAD/OBSERVED/\1\2\3
>
> But none of them are working.  The target directories do exist and have chmod
> 777 applied from "/home" through "/OBSERVED".  Is there something I'm missing
> about the LDM REGEX engine?

We can't say for sure what might be going on until we know what the Product IDs
for the products you are trying to match are.  Please use the LDM 'notifyme'
utility to list out the Product IDs for at least the past hour and send us
the listing:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vl- -f EXP -o 3600

Comment:

- 'notifyme' is one of the most useful utilities in the LDM suite. It can be
  used to:

  - see what you and/or your upstream LDM has received over a specified amount
    of time

  - list products in your LDM queue

  - test extended regular expressions to see if they match Product IDs

    This capability is what I always recommend that users "play" with
    when as they are developing actions for pattern-action files.  The
    flag that allows the testing of extended regular expressions is '-p'

re:
> Thanks.

No worries.

Ticket ID: CHI-693571