[LDM #ZKH-374484]: Problem with LDM installation process.

Lazaro,

> I'm going to install ldm software at the last month.  I'm using the
> Linux Open SuSE version 11.4.  The ldm version is 6.10.0.
>
> Nowaday a need a help by the ldm support because I hasn't succesfull
> on instalation.  For this, I have been send the files config.log and
> configure.log to analisis.

The file "config.log" contained this:

> configure:10310: checking for system logging daemon
> configure:10319: error: system logging daemon not running

The configure(1) script stopped because it couldn't find a running system
logging process, which is needed by the LDM for logging messages.

Here's the system logging process on my system:

    $ ps -fu root | grep syslog
    root      2098     1  0 Nov11 ?        00:00:01 rsyslogd -c 3

Sometimes the system logging program is called "syslogd".

You must have a running system logging process before you can install the LDM
package.

> Thank you!
>
> Eng. Lazaro Nonato Vasconcellos de Andrade
> Universidade do Estado da Bahia - UNEB
> Deptº de Ciências Exatas e da Terra - DCET I
> Email: address@hidden

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: ZKH-374484