[Support #WSU-931209]: LDM 6.9.7 registry build error

Kevin,

> Note I built this with Sun Studio 11 compiler . . .

I suspect that your problem results from the use of the Sun Studio C compiler.
If you look at the list of successful LDM builds,
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.9.7/basics/successes.html>,
you'll see that the Sun Studio C compiler isn't listed. Instead, it's listed in
the failed build list,
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.9.7/basics/failures.html>.
You'll have to use the GNU compiler, gcc(1), to build the LDM.

I'm on Striker2 now. If you like, I'll build LDM 6.9.7 using gcc(1).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: WSU-931209
Department: Support LDM