[LDM #OPN-107414]: LDM 6.9 confusing cwd/pwd

Daryl,

> I have had a lot of problems with the new LDM and having it understand
> where relative paths are found in pqact and ldmd files.  For example,
> virgin install on RHEL6 with this entry in etc/ldmd.conf
>
> exec    "pqact -p BZIP2/K[I-K] -f CRAFT etc/pqact.CRAFT"
>
> `ldmadmin start` works just fine and pqact is off and running.
>
> I then run `ldmadmin pqactHUP` and get this error:
>
> Jan 25 08:11:38 xxx pqact[5814] ERROR: Couldn't open
> configuration-file "etc/pqact.CRAFT": No such file or directory
>
> Within pqact actions, I notice that $HOME is no longer assumed as cwd, and
> I have to specify full paths to /home/ldm/scripts/blah.csh
>
> If this is intended behaviour, that is fine, but the `ldmadmin start`
> needs to fail to start the pqact's...

That's definitely not the intended behavior. The current working directory in
LDM 6.9 should be the LDM user's home directory -- just as it's always been.

I'd like to investigate. May I log onto the system in question as the LDM user?
If not, then would you please send me the output of the command "ldmadmin
config" and "regutil".

> daryl
>
> --
> /**
> * Daryl Herzmann
> * Assistant Scientist -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
> * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
> */

Regards,
Steve Emmerson