[LDM #TMA-441215]: Beta test 6.9?

Gilbert,

> > 1) Get the latest LDM 6.9.0.6. It has a corrected ldmadmin(1) script.
>
> Done.
>
> > 2) Unpack and install normally: don't use the "--localstatedir" option.
>
> Done.
>
> > 3) Replace what should be the symbolic link ~/var/queues with one that
> > points to /dev/shm (i.e., "rm ~/var/queues && ln -s /dev/shm ~/var/queues).
>
> Done. Points correctly to /var/shm.
>
> > 4) Ensure that the product-queue and surf-queue pathnames are correct:
> >     ldm-6.9.0.6/bin/regutil -s /dev/shm/ldm.pq /queue/path
> >     ldm-6.9.0.6/bin/regutil -s /dev/shm/pqsurf.pq /surf-queue/path
>
> /home/ldm% /home/ldm/ldm-6.9.0.6/bin/regutil -s /dev/shm/ldm.pq /queue/path
>
> /home/ldm% /home/ldm/ldm-6.9.0.6/bin/regutil -s /dev/shm/ldm.pq
> Segmentation fault
>
> OK, dunno why that gave me a seg fault by just removing the "/queue/path",
> but I don't understand what's happening here.

The last invocation of regutil(1) was improper. It shouldn't have crashed,
though. I'll fix that.

> OK, it's going! No errors, but boy, that's gonna be a pain to do all
> this for every upgrade, IE, remember to remove the link to
> /home/ldm/var/queues.

You won't have to anything with the link when upgrading. This was a one-shot
deal because 1) you had a previous, pre-6.9 release; and 2) your product-queues
weren't in the usual place (~/data).

If you didn't have a previous, pre-6.9 release, then the
"installstatedir=/dev/shm" would have worked -- even though you shouldn't use
that feature because it would mean that the log files and metrics files would
disappear every time the system was rebooted. Having the registry means that
you now have finer-grained control over the placement of your files: you can
have just the product-queues in /dev/shm.

Did you configure the "/reconciliation-mode" parameter for automatic
re-creations of the product-queue?

Did you add the "ldmadmin check" command to your crontab(1).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: TMA-441215
Department: Support LDM