[LDM #FOR-229341]: Fwd: UTA-files

Milas,

> I mean that the ldmd.log shows no INFO line indicating that the upstream
> server
> has a product matching the patterns (feedtype and file pathname) contained in
> the
> REQUEST line.

A downstream (receiving) LDM process will log data-product arrivals only if the
top-level LDM server was started in verbose logging mode (e.g., "ldmadmin start
-v") or, if that didn't occur, then if the downstream LDM has been sent a USR2
signal (e.g., "kill -USR2 ..."). Was either of these things done?

> We tried looking at products in the product queue with pqcat, but
> there were none.

Then I'll assume the problem is that the data-products weren't received.

> I think someone asked Dr. Mcenery a similar question and the memory that I
> have
> is that the University Internet Security officials are VERY conscientious.
> I'd say the
> short answer is 'not just no, but...".  However, I will forward this question
> on to him.
> I know that this would vastly speed up the process; perhaps he can discover
> some
> leverage.
>
> Yes, I see the problem with the REQUEST pattern.  This pattern is from an
> early attempt;
> I know that the most recent patterns were successful on the WGRFC system in
> that ldmd
> found products and pqact filed them, but the UTA LDM did none of this.

I'll assume that the UTA LDM is requesting from the same WGRFC LDM that you
verified is receiving the desired data-products.

> These are in the
> most recent ldmd.conf and pqact.conf files at UTA and I'll forward them to
> you, along with
> the most recent log files.
>
> At one time we specified the default patterns EXP and '.*' in the REQUEST
> line and a short
> pattern in pqact to match about three directory levels in the pathname, but
> this was
> unsuccessful in that we saw nothing in the ldmd log.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FOR-229341
Department: Support LDM