[LDM #AYP-260221]: "problem with ldm"

Larry,

> I tried changing "request" to upper case, but got the same error
> message.  So I tried just commenting out all three "request" lines, but
> again got the same message.  Then I tried commenting out the two "EXEC"
> lines and got the same result.  This left just the two "ALLOW ANY"
> lines, which were not supposed to be deleted.  I tried deleting ALL
> lines from the file (including comment lines) and got the same error
> message.
>
> I also tried using the attached example ldmd.conf file but got the same
> error message.
>
> Deleting the whole file gave me a slightly different error message:
>
> ldm@phobos:/home/ldm$ ldmadmin start
> The product-queue is OK.
> Checking pqact(1) configuration-file(s)...
> Oct 27 15:39:42 UTC phobos.wr.usgs.gov : Could not open LDM
> configuration-file, /usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
> ldm@phobos:/home/ldm$
>
> I assume there's a problem with settings external to the file, but I'm
> not enough of a Linux guru to know where the problem might lie.

I assume this isn't what you want to hear, but... Congratulations! You're
problem is the weirdest one I've ever seen.  :-)

Ensure that the LDM is stopped and send me the output of the command "rpc.ldmd
-nvl- /usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf", executed by the LDM user.

> Larry

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: AYP-260221