[Support #NFF-684042]: Re: LDM Questions

Ed,

(I've moved this conversation into our support-tracking system so that we'll
have a record of it.)

> Thank you for the info.  I'm waiting to hear if that cured the issue
> (I'm sure it did though).  Can you explain to me why when starting the
> LDM server I get hupsyslog: couldn't open /var/run/syslogd.pid?  I
> realize it's trying to restart syslog but as user ldm that's not going
> to happen.  Thanks again...

It sounds like the ldmadmin(1) script is trying to rotate the LDM log files but
can't. This could be because the file "/var/run/syslogd.pid" doesn't exist
(does it?) or because the LDM utility "bin/hupsyslog" isn't owned by root or
doesn't have the setuid bit enabled (get a long listing of it and let me know).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: NFF-684042
Department: Support