[GEMPAK #XRS-395325]: GEMPAK for Vista OS (UNCLASSIFIED)

Hi Kate,

re:
> I work for the US Army and I have a request to certify GEMPAK for use
> at the Army.  The Army standard operating system for workstations is
> Microsoft Vista.  On your website, I see this software runs on a Linux OS.

Correct, GEMPAK runs under *nix (Unix, Linux) systems.

re:
> Has it been updated to also work with Vista?

No, but it has been successfully run in a Linux VMware virtual machine
under Windows XP.  We would guess that it should also run in a Linux
VMware virtual machine under Vista, but we have no direct experience
with that environment.

Ticket ID: XRS-395325
Department: Support GEMPAK