[LDM #XUJ-955120]: LDM Access

Hi Michael,

> Until approximately three hours ago, TVA has been successfully receiving
> radar images thru the LDM connection with idd.cise-nsf.gov.

*April Fools :) (just kidding, but could not resist)

 I would like to speak/email with someone who can help me determine why our two
feeds stopped.  It is very possible that the IP address Unidata "sees" from TVA
has changed and is not the IP address with originally submitted.

*OK, that could be an issue, is there any way you can let us know how the LDM
machine that is currently running may appear to us...how we "see" it.

i.e. is there a new host name or IP #?

  TVA recently replaced our internet firewalls and our external IP addresses
most likely changed.

*OK, again if we knew what it changed to we can make the necessary adjustments
on our end. Ironically, we have (over the weekend) changed our machines at NSF.
So, idd.cise-nsf.gov has had some changes recently as well, they were intended
to be seamless, but....things can happen. You are the first, and currently
only, site to report problems feeding from idd.cise-nsf.gov, but we cannot rule
out things on our end :) Can you please contact your IT folks to see if there
has been a change to your network IP or firewall?

*Also, for some sanity checks, please execute the following command as LDM from
your LDM machine, and report back results:

notifyme -vl - -h idd.cise-nsf.gov -f ANY

and

notifyme -vl - -h idd.unidata.ucar.edu -f ANY

..this will help us begin troubleshooting.

> If someone could contact me either thru email (till 5:15pm EDT) or by phone
> (865) 632-2134 or (865) 696-9235, it would be appreciated.  Thanks
>
> Mike
>
> Michael P. McGee
> Tennessee Valley Authority
> WT 5D - 462
> 400 West Summit Hill Drive
> Knoxville, TN  37902
> Phone: (865) 632-2134  Fax: (865) 632-4212
> email: address@hidden

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber