[LDM #YTJ-348503]: ldmcheck has hard coded path to logs

Hi Ryan,

> I just discovered the ldmcheck Perl script.  It looks like it might be
> pretty useful.  However, most of our LDM systems have NFS mounted log
> directories and therefore are not using the /usr/local/ldm/logs path.  I
> was able to do this quick and dirty work-around on line 47:
>
> $dir = "$ENV{'LDMHOME'}/logs" unless $dir;
>
> This works but you might be able to find a more elegant solution that
> can be incorporated into a future release.

If you find that script useful, then great!  Be advised, however, that it
hasn't been supported many, many years (a decade?).

The next release of the LDM will have a registry similar to the Windows
registry, Gnome's GCONF, or Java's Preferences -- so it will be possible to
modify that script to obtain the path name of the log file from the registry.

> Thanks!
>
> Ryan Solomon
> Aviation Weather Center

Regards,