[LDM #DZH-705263]: %N

Mark,

> My LDM data feed sends the same products (with different contents) in
> such rapid succession that labeling them with timestamps to the nearest
> second is not always resolute enough.  The next update to LDM needs to
> include %N (nanoseconds) as an option for adding timestamps to arriving
> data (pqact.conf).  (See also the man page for "date" 'man date'.)

I assume that you're referring to the pqact(1) FILE action and using the
creation-time of the data-product to construct the pathname.  Please tell me if
this is incorrect.

String-replacement based on data-product creation-time uses the strftime(3)
function and, unfortunately, calling that function with a "%N" conversion
specification is non-standard and will result in undefined behavior on some
systems.

Are the product-identifiers of the data-products in question not sufficiently
unique that you can't create unique pathnames?

> Mark

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: DZH-705263