[LDM #FTL-344567]: Automatic LDM startup under Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Dave,

> Have you seen a working example of a launch daemon that starts the LDM
> automatically upon boot up on a Mac running OS X 10.5 (Leopard)?

Sorry, no.

> I'd
> prefer to do it that way if I can, rather than use the older startup
> mechanism (that is, a special script in /Library/StartupItems/...). I
> can't figure out how to do it, though.
>
> I have a Bourne shell startup script for the LDM (ldm_startup.sh) that
> sets up and runs a script (ldm_start.sh) that in turn runs ldmadmin to
> start the LDM , and in principle I can tell the computer to run
> ldm_startup.sh upon reboot by setting up a suitably written property
> list file in /Library/LaunchDaemons, but I don't know which properties
> I need to list in there to run the script properly upon reboot. My
> reading on the Web hasn't gotten me there.

The example LDM boot-time script
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.7.0/basics/configuring.html#boot>
 could probably be used to start the LDM, but I don't know how to integrate
that with a launch daemon either.

I'll ask around.

> -- Dave

Regards,