[LDM #YXG-369372]: FW: LDM Support and Future Enhancements

Joel,

> I [am a] member of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineer water management community
> and there is interest in discussing some future enhancements to the LDM
> technology.  Also on a national level, we are trying to gain support
> for standard use of the LDM technology.  We utilize it for managing
> data between us and the NWS and USGS.  Actually we have for years....
>
> Who can I contact to gage current development plans and discuss
> potential for funding and cost sharing....

I'm the developer of the LDM.  I can talk about the technical aspects
of the LDM.  Others have been notified about the financial side.

On the technical side, I'm currently working on a successor to the
LDM that should prove more desirable in most (but not all) situations.
The LDM, itself, will be around for quite some time.

Information on the LDM successor can be found at
<https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/unidata/Next-Generation+LDM>.

What would you like to discuss?

> Respectfully,
>
> Joel Asunskis, P.E.