[LDM #SVV-642768]: LDM error (fwd)

Gilbert,

> I sent you a follow up. It was starting a pqact entry to get WMO|NEXRAD3
> from my NOAAport sserver.

I'm confused.  The process that received the SIGBUS couldn't
have been started by a pqact(1) configuration-file entry
because its abnormal termination was reported by the top-level
LDM server rather than by a pqact(1) process.

> > If an EXEC'ed child process terminates abnormally (by a SIGBUS
> > error in this case) then the LDM system will shut down.  This
> > is a feature and not a bug.  It's done to protect the LDM
> > system.
>
> Oh, OK. In that case, kindly disregard...it did what it was supposed to
> do.

The important point is that processes started by EXEC entries
in the LDM configuration-file must be written so that they don't
terminate abnormally.

> Have a good weekend! :-)

You too.

> Gilbert