[LDM #MAC-518090]: ldm on aix5.3?

Kassim,

> people in my organisation are considering switching from the Sun Solaris
> server we are currently using to an IBM AIX server running AIX version
> 5.3. Just wondering if you had any advice/warnings about this switch or
> if you know of anyone successfully running ldm on aix5.3
>
> i noticed on the Platform requirements page that you list AIX 5.1 and
> gcc 3.2 as requirements (we have aix5.3 and gcc 4.1).

I don't have access to an AIX 5.3 system and I don't know of anyone who
uses that system (we don't track that information) so I can't definitively
say that the LDM will build and work on it.

I would be surprised if it didn't, however.  The problem mentioned in
the support archive was easily fixed by adding "-qlonglong" to the CFLAGS
environment variable before executing the "configure" script.  Also, I
use gcc 4.1.2 on my Linux/x86-64 system.

> I also noticed on the ldm mail support archives that people were having
> trouble compiling/installing ldm on AIX 5.3 (see below) and was
> wondering if you had more information regarding these problems.
>

> thanks
> --kassim
>
> Kassim Visram
> Sr Gis Analyst