[LDM #OVK-233439]: Now that I've worked with LDM 6.7.0.1 for a week...

Gilbert,

> > The use of file "/etc/rc.local" for starting the LDM at boot-time
> > is unconventional.  May we convert it to a more conventional form
> > using run-time states, /etc/init.d/, and /etc/rc{3,4,5}.d/?
>
> I don't understand what you mean by this. I prefer to keep it as is, to
> keep it simple, but what are you suggesting?

We need to run tests on your system in order to diagnose the
problem.  For a similar reason, we need to use well-known
scripts installed in conventional places.  Once we've diagnosed
and solved the problem, reverting to your original system should
be trivial, if you still want to.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: OVK-233439