[LDM #NET-131221]: LDM is crashing my machine

Gilbert,

> It's been doing this on and off for a year, but has, in the last few
> months, intensified. I found a few minor mistakes in my ldmd.conf file,
> and I got rid of all PRIMARY and ALTERNATE wording. I'll see if that does
> the trick.

I talked with Mike Schmidt, our O/S expert, and he agrees that the
ultimate cause is most likely an instability or bug in the kernel
(a user process such as the LMD shouldn't be able to cause the
kernel error-message that you saw).  Consequently, it's unlikely
that modifying the LDM configuration file will have an effect --
unless it changes the way the LDM tickles the kernel bug.

How "bleeding edge" is your hardware and O/S?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: NET-131221
Department: Support LDM