[LDM #FVG-157850]: ldmd.conf & pqact.conf

Hi Elmer,

re: where are you requesting NNEXRAD data from
> It is our own NOAAPORT system.

OK, thanks.

> I configured the pqact exactly as you suggested (with no white space),
> made sure ldm had write permissions to the directory, set up an ALLOW
> ANY entry for my ip address in ldm on the machine where I am trying to
> pull the data from, restarted ldm on the source and local machines, and
> still I am not seeing the data saved to my local directory.
>
> What have I forgotten?

Did you make sure to request the data from the upstream machine?

The steps you should always use when adding a new input feed and processing
pattern is:

- make sure there are no typos in your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf and ~ldm/pqact.conf
  files.

  If there was an error in ldmd.conf, your LDM shouldn't start, so this
  is not likely to be the problem.

  Checking of any pattern action file is done using:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
ldmadmin pqactcheck -p etc/<pattern-action-file-name>

  Example:

ldmadmin pqactcheck -p etc/pqact.conf

- verify that you are actually receiving the data you requested:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin watch -f <feed>

  Example:

ldmadmin watch -f NNEXRAD

- it is most crutial that your system be setup to enable LDM logging
  through configuration as 'root' of /etc/syslog.conf.  Without logging
  problems will alway seem mysterious and difficult.  With logging, you
  only have to look in your log files to find the problem.

Ticket ID: FVG-157850
Department: Support LDM