[LDM #ZOC-298338]: Missing data problems

Hi Mark,

re:
> Hi Tom, this is really great info, I plan on giving it a shot early next
> week, however,

Very good.  We find that we can process literally all of the data available
on a dual AMD 2400+ (32-bit) machine as long as we are careful to split up
pqact processing in a manner like that I sent you yesterday.

> I want clear up one thing.  I actually do not have any
> NEXRADII actions in my pqact.conf file.  Is that unusual?

There are several different names by which NEXRAD Level II data can be
referenced: NEXRAD2, CRAFT, NEXRD2, FT28.  Is it possible that you are
referring to the data by an alternate name?

> I do have one
> line that I've used to log the bz2 files as they come in, but I only use
> it sparingly since it takes up a lot of disk space to do so.

If you are not processing the NEXRAD2 data products, then you should have
no pqact-related issues.

My original comment was that the site feeding from you might be under the
impression that they are not getting all of the data because they are
not processing all of the data out of their LDM queue before it gets
overwritten by newly received products.  They are the ones that will need
to adopt the split 'pqact' processing strategy, not you (if your machine
is only relaying the data).

Ticket ID: ZOC-298338
Department: Support LDM