[LDM #ZOC-298338]: Missing data problems

Mark,

> > What we see in the ldm stream is a bzipped file that contains 100 radials
> > for a given volume scan.
> >It takes anywhere from 25 to 60 (or so) of these 100 radial files that
> have to be put back together to make a full volume scan.
> > The full volume scan I am interested in for the archive.  As soon as one
> > finishes (/E at the end in an "ldmadmin watch")
> > I compress the file in standard unix and save it to be included in an 8
> > hour tarball.
> > The traballs are 00-07, 08-15, and 16-23 UTC for each station.

If the data-products from a radar site take different paths to a
downstream site, then it's possible for the "/E" to *not* be the
last data-product of a scan.  If the LDM decoder isn't designed
with this in mind, then it's possible to seemingly "miss" the
data-products of the same scan that arrive later.

Could this be the problem?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: ZOC-298338