[Support #KGJ-163844]: Request for upstream LDM

Ruzanski,

> I have been away and am just now getting back to this problem.  Please see my
> answers below in [ ].
>
> >What is the output of the command "ps -ef | grep syslog"?
>
> [The output to the terminal is:
>
> root      1917     1  0 14:24 ?        00:00:00 syslogd -m 0
> ldm       3203  3143  0 15:29 pts/1    00:00:00 grep syslog]
>
> [The time stamp on "/etc/selinux/config" shows it was accessed at the latest
> reboot, but modified when the operating system was installed.  I tried the
> reboot, still no logging.
>
> Conincidentally, I have having this exact same problem on another Fedora
> machine I am using as an LDM.  Both machines have fresh installs of Fedora 6,
> I installed the LDM software on both according to the instructions, both LDMs
> start and function, but neither machine is performing LDM logging.  I don't
> know if that information helps you or not.]
>
> Thanks again Steve,
> Evan

If I understand your situation correctly, then the LDM must be logging.
Because it isn't, my understanding must be in error and we'll have to
verify the components of that understanding.

Please send me the output from the following commands, executed as the
LDM user:

cd
grep LOCAL src/config/ldmconfig.h
grep -i local /etc/syslog.conf
ps -ef | grep syslog
grep SELINUX /etc/selinux/config
ls -l /etc/selinux/config
uptime
ls -l bin/hupsyslog bin/rpc.ldmd
ls -l logs/ldmd.log
bin/hupsyslog
logger -p local0.debug "test of LDM logging using logger"
ls -l logs/ldmd.log

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: KGJ-163844