[LDM #BHK-454960]: problem with non-conduit feedtypes

Clint,

We suspect that the problem you're seeing with delivery of
data to the *.unl.edu LDM-s is due to a network problem.
Evidence for this is the fact that feeds from four, different,
upstream LDM sites are being affected (ruling-out a problem
with one upstream supplier) and that both Papagayo
and Idd exhibit high latencies (ruling-out a problem with
LDM 6.6.3).

The problem with the network could be accidental or deliberate.
A routing change may have occurred that had the
unintended consequence of lowering your throughput.  Alternatively,
the change could have been a deliberate attempt to reduce
traffic on a network by slowing-down packets to or from
particular ports (e.g., the LDM's port 388).  We call this
latter procedure "packet shaping".

The following URL shows that this occurred around 2007-05-14 21:00
UTC:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc_long?IDS|DDPLUS+idd.unl.edu

We suggest that you contact your networking department ASAP and
ask them what happened at that time.  Call us if you need some
backup.  :-)

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: BHK-454960