[LDM #KQV-820647]: LDM - Directory structure

Hi Mike,

> One of our students decided to upgrade Core 5 to Core 6.  Nothing wrong
> with that BUT we lost the Kicker in Core 6.

The 'Kicker' ?

> Nothing seemed to help, we lost data in installing Core 6.

Hmm... upgrading the operating system should have done nothing to existing
directory structures _unless_ the decision was made to repartition the
disk and restore directory contents from backups.

> So all things are back EXCEPT the LDM 6.6.3 directory structure.  Running
> ldmadmin as a check turns up error messages you'll see from the files.

From the information included in the files you sent, it looks like the
structure in the 'ldm' account is back to what it was when you sent in
your first LDM inquiry.  If this is the case, the fix is the same:

<login as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
rm runtime
rm -rf bin include lib man src
ln -s ldm-6.6.3 runtime
ln -s runtime/* .                 <- this assumes that the bin, include, lib,
                                     man, and src directories exist under
                                     ~ldm/ldm-6.6.3

mkdir decoders util
-- edit your shell configuration file (e.g., .cshrc for C shell, .bash_profile
   for Bash, etc.) and make sure that the ~ldm/bin, ~ldm/decoders, and ~ldm/util
   directories are included in the PATH definition

> Let me know the structure and I'll rearrange it to so that it works!

Try the above and let us know the results.

> And let me know if you need the compilation logs.

We do not need the compilation logs.  However there is a small chance that you
might need to rebuild/reinstall the LDM:

<still as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.6.3/src
make distclean
make