[LDM #VPY-764086]: Performance issues > 6.6.0

Daryl,

> I hope this isn't a goose chase, but I'm seeing an increased server load
> when running anything newer than 6.6.0 on my primary IDD node
> (pircsl4.agron.iastate.edu).  Normally, the server runs at a load average
> of about 2-3 with rare spikes to 3-4 running GFS relay.
>
> With 6.6.3, the load average is consistantly above 3-4 and normally around
> 6-7 during GFS relay.  I noticed this with 6.6.2 as well.
>
> Any ideas on how to diagnose what is going on?  I've been looking at
> sysstat output and only see a slight increase in system% time.
>
> System is a dual Xeon on Redhat Enterprise 4 (2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp)
>
> The actual relay of data doesn't seem to be affected as far as I can tell.
> I could just turn up my system monitoring alert to cut down on the load
> average emails :)
>
> thanks and sorry,
> daryl

I installed 6.6.3 on both a Linux 2.6.17 and Linux 2.6.18 system
here.  The load average didn't change on the 2.6.17 system but did
increase by about 2 on the 2.6.18 system.  I'll have to investigate
further.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: VPY-764086