[LDM #FVI-123021]: LDM Dying

Derryle,

> Well.. I have an LDM server. LDM Repeatedly dies during the night.
>
> Since it drops no core file.

If an LDM process repeatedly crashes during the night, then I
believe the best thing to do would be to ensure that it dumps
a core file so that the cause of the crash can be determined.

Would you please do whatever is necessary on your system to
allow LDM processes to create a core file.  This might involve
setting the "core file size" parameter managed by the "ulimit"
utility to "unlimited" in the LDM-user profile file, telling
the operating-system to allow setuid processes that are owned
by root to create core files, and disabling SELINUX (if you're
using that subsystem).

Then, would you please re-install the LDM with support for
debugging. The commands you must execute should be something
like the following:

    cd $HOME/src
    make distclean
    ./configure CFLAGS=-g >configure.log 2>&1
    make >make.log 2>&1
    ldmadmin stop
    make install >install.log 2>&1
    sudo make install-setuids
    ldmadmin start
    make clean

Then, when an LDM process crashes, it should create a core-
file in the LDM user's home directory.  Would you then
please send me a trace of the stack of the core-file.

Incidentally, what version of the LDM are you running
and what is the output of the command "uname -a"?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FVI-123021
Department: Support LDM