[Support #GIL-635869]: Re: LDM configuration for Syslog-ng

Marcus,

> I was trying to solve the problem, but I got another error.
> To Suse honor SUID I must had to change the '/etc/permissions' file.
> In this file, has a configuration line like this:
> #
> # legacy
> #
> # don't set the setuid bit on suidperl! Set it on sperl instead if
> # you really need it as suidperl is a hardlink to perl nowadays.
> /usr/bin/suidperl
> root:root          755
>
> So, as the instruction says, I set it on sperl. Now I get another error
> message:
> 'Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running setuid at
> /usr/local/ldm/bin/hupsyslog line 24.'
>
> Reading the persec documentation, seems that the perl does not able the
> use of some environment variables.
>
> Do you know what should I do? I'm trying to bypass this security
> feature, but I had no success yet.

I'm afraid that you know more about SUSE security than I do.  Because
we don't have a SUSE Linux system here with which to experiment, I
can't tell you what to do.

Is there a SUSE Linux forum that you can use?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: GIL-635869
Department: Support LDM