[LDM #IVY-788261]: ldm-6.4.6 NTP requirements

Thom,

> Can you tell me what other clients are running?

The LDM systems that power the IDD (both here and at the
US National Science Foundation) run "ntpd" and synchronize
with two in-house stratum-2 and stratum-1 servers.

> Are they syncing from
> internet NTP stratum-1 servers or are most running there own stratum 0 local
> clocks or are they syncing from a local LAN stratum-1.  Again thanks for
> your help, were just trying to find the best scenario.

If you run any kind of "ntpd" and sync to redundant
servers at any stratum level, you'll be fine.

The time-related problems we've seen are always due to the
complete lack of "ntpd".

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: IVY-788261