[LDM #IXG-702275]: LDM setup up problem questions

Hi Yoori,

re:
> Please see my answers.
>
> I downloaded gcc from "http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html"; website and under
> usr/bin directory.

Hmm...  Given that /usr/bin is in your PATH and 'type gcc' showed that gcc
is not found, it must be that gcc was installed not in /usr/bin, but in
a subdirectory of /usr/bin.

> " execute the following commands and send us the result (as text, not as an
> image)"
> echo $PATH
> => outcome: /bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin

This looks OK.

> type gcc
> => outcome: command not found

This, of course, is the problem.

re: letting us logon to your machine with appropriate permissions/accounts

> => Definitely if you could help with it, I would really appreciate it. I
> would like you to proceed in that way what you mentioned. If it can be
> happened very soon, it would be great.

Very good.  Please do the following:

- in one email send the passwords for 'ldm' and 'root'.

  NOTE: send these without reference to the account names or the machine on
  which they are valid

- in a separate email, send us the fully qualified name and IP address of
  the machine you are trying to install the LDM on.  IMPORTANT: this should
  be a separate email which does not reference the passwords for 'ldm' and
  'root'

> Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

No worries.  We are glad to help when we can.

Ticket ID: IXG-702275
Department: Support LDM