[LDM #SVU-966060]: LDM - LDM hangs up.

Scott,

> [root@fetch1 srs]# uname -a
> Linux fetch1.ops.nwsar.gov 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL #1 Thu Aug 17 17:36:53 EDT 2006
> i686
> i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> [root@fetch1 srs]# grep SELINUX /etc/selinux/config
> # SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
> SELINUX=disabled
> # SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
> SELINUXTYPE=targeted
>
> [root@fetch1 srs]# ls -l /shared/ldm/bin/hupsyslog
> -rwsr-xr-x  1 root users 5528 May  3  2005 /shared/ldm/bin/hupsyslog
>
> [root@fetch1 srs]# grep LOG_LDM /shared/ldm/src/config/ldmconfig.h
> #define LOG_LDM LOG_LOCAL3

What's the output from the following command?

    grep local /etc/syslog.conf

> > AWIPS runs version 5.0.8 of the LDM?  Oh dear.  I'll have to think about
> > this.
>
> That's the version that is running on our systems here.  I assume it's part of
> the baseline.  I know they are upgrading to 6.xx in the near future..
>
> I guess I wasn't clear. None of my downstream servers 5 or 6 were able to
> connect when I upgraded.

If a downstream LDM 6 was unable to connect to your upgraded LDM, then the
problem isn't with the LDM because that configuration was tested and is in
effect throughout the IDD.  Something else must be causing the problem.

> I was able to request data from them, but they couldn't
> connect to me.  I don't know what the ldm-6.x message was (I don't have one of
> those locally, which is why I sent the 5.x error message (on a server in my
> office).

The "Connection refused" error-message means that your upgraded LDM would not
allow the downstream LDM to connect because it was not authorized by an ALLOW
entry in the LDM configuration-file.  Did the upgraded LDM use the same LDM
configuration-file?  If the LDM was installed in the standard manner then the
same configuration-file should have been used.

As a test, you could temporarilly switch to the upgraded LDM which you should
start in verbose mode via the command "ldmadmin start -v".  This should tell
you about connection attempts.

> I have 2 servers (160.0.2.11, 160.0.2.210) that are running 5.0.8, while the
> *.nwsar.gov servers are mostly running a variant of 6.  I'm not sure what the
> last 4 servers are running as they are not under my control.

I think there might be a problem with the ALLOW entries.  Would you mind
changing them to

    allow ANY \.nwsar\.gov$
    allow ANY ^160\.0\.

Regards,