[LDM #UYH-624598]: LVS realserver switching loses data

Art,

> I'm not actually restarting the LDM in these cases; rather, the network
> connectivity terminates and is restored, and the rpc's lose connection and
> then reconnect.  I don't think pqact should be affected in that case...

Indeed. If the LDM system isn't being restarted, but only the downstream LDM-s
are
reconnecting, then you shouldn't miss any data-products and pqact(1) won't miss
a beat.
The log message that contained the string "{NONE,
"SIG=e2c0f8838b2642a11c8b7943174ae825"}}"
indicates that the downstream LDM requested data-products beginning with the
last
successfully-received data-product.

When this happens, can you verify that the data-product is not in the
product-queue
via the pacat(1) utility?

> I'm already using a "-o 21599".  I will try and set up a testbed to see if
> I can reproduce this behavior...

Are you using the "-o 21599" option with pqact(1)?  It would have to be in the
LDM
configuration-file if you were.  And if the LDM system isn't being restarted,
then
the use of that option in the pqact(1) EXEC entries is not necessary.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: UYH-624598
Department: Support LDM