[LDM #XXW-990118]: LDM - Not your average latency problem

Hi Mike,

This is my 2 cents worth on what is being seen at SonomaTech.com...

Steve and I decided to start up an LDM on a spare Unidata machine and request
exactly the same set of data as Derecho is requesting:

request DDPLUS|IDS|NIMAGE|UNIWISC|NMC3 ".*" 130.65.97.148

Preliminary latency results:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?IDS|DDPLUS+zero.unidata.ucar.edu

show that Rossby has no problem sending the data to our machine,
zero.unidata.ucar.edu.
If this result continues, it would indicate that the problem in sending data
from Rossby
to Derecho has nothing to do with either of the following:

- the LDM running on Rossby
- the SJSU network connection (at least to Internet2)

It would seem to indicate that the problem is somewhere between Rossby
and Derecho.  If the MRTG charts really are indicating that there is sufficient
bandwidth
at Sonoma Tech, then the problem must be somewhere between them and SJSU.

Again, just my two cents...

Ticket ID: XXW-990118
Department: Support LDM