[LDM #UGB-524529]: No LDM server running?

Andrew,

> Let me know if you could connect to our machine using the IP
> (129.82.225.25)  instead of the hostname.  I do not have the LDM running
> right now, but I can start it.

I'm not sure what you're asking.  If an application can connect to a host
using a hostname, then the application can always connect to the host
using the IP address to which the hostname maps.

A ping(1) to 129.82.225.25 times-out.

Because an LDM server isn't running, any attempt to connect to port
388 on host 129.82.225.25 will fail.

Please start the LDM, let me know, and I'll see if we can connect to it.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: UGB-524529
Department: Support LDM