[LDM #VDS-923265]: LDM upgrade

Hi Eric,

re:
> I am in the process of upgrading an LDM installation.  Everything
> seems to have gone OK, minus the ldm product queue.  We are moving
> from a Solaris system to a Fedora system.
>
> uname -a is:
>
> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 #1 Tue Mar 14 15:48:33
> EST 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

We are running the LDM on three different installations of Fedora Core
5: one is very much like yours, a 32-bit installation; and the other
two are both 64-bit installations on dual processor machines.  We have
not experienced any undue errors on any of these machines.

> I have tried recreating the product queue (ldmadmin delqueue &&
> ldmadmin mkqueue) and also tried:
>
> bash-3.1$ ./pqcreate -v -f -s 400000 -q /usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq

I assume that you did not receive any error messages when either
'ldmadmin mkqueue' or 'pqcreate' were run.  If you did see errors, please
pass them along.

> however, I still get
>
> ldmadmin start
> The product-queue is corrupt.  Use
> ldmadmin delqueue && ldmadmin mkqueue
> to remove and recreate it.
> Jun 28 15:39:36 UTC localhost.localdomain : LDM not started

Some questions:

- what size queue are you trying to create

- what is the output you get when running the following commands:

  <as 'ldm'>
  cd ~ldm

  id ldm

  ls -alt data
  ls -alt data/ldm.pq

  pqcat -l- -s -q data/ldm.pq

- do you have enough room in the partition where the LDM queue is located

> I have recompiled without any issues twice now.

Are you specifying any flags to 'configure' when you run it?  Are you
running 'make distclean' between compilation attempts?

> I'm thinking I'm just
> missing something really obvious, that a second set of eyes might be
> able to find.

I agree.  We need some more information to sort this out.

> Thanks for the help,

No worries.

Ticket ID: VDS-923265
Department: Support LDM