[LDM #NGI-974847]: Re: ldm problem on recieving from striker2

David,

> I'll add an allow for boozer. (interesting name for a machine in Utah)
> For some reason the LDM/IDD does notalways work properly
> with DNS aliases. I'm not sure why - maybe support@unidata knows.
> Let me us know if this solves the problem, or not.

The LDM doesn't use hostname aliases; it only uses canonical hostnames.

The canonical name for IP address 155.101.17.13 is "boozer.met.utah.edu".
This name is what the LDM will look for in its configuration-file after
converting the IP address of the incoming connection to a hostname.

You can allow any host in the "met.utah.edu" domain to connect by
specifying "\.med\.utah\.edu$" as the hostname pattern in an ALLOW
entry.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: NGI-974847