[LDM #CHG-557451]: Bare memory requirements

Andrew,

> Hi there.  I am going to be installing LDM on a Linux machine, and I'm having
> trouble finding out what the minimum requirements are for the LDM package.  I
> realize that much more memory will be needed for data, but for just the LDM
> package, how much memory is needed?

We recommend that you have sufficient memory to hold the LDM product-queue
in memory.  The amount necessary depends on the rate of incoming data (maximum
average: 4e9 bytes/hour) and the desired residency time (default: 1 hour).  If
you
intend to receive everything, then 6 gigabytes should suffice.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: CHG-557451
Department: Support LDM