[Support #RLL-884405]: Questions on LDM

Janet,

> We get the following message every 5-20 minutes on the aircraft:
> May 08 17:27:02 hercules malbec(feed)[24110] ERROR: Couldn't flush
> connection; nullproc_6() failure to malbec.atd.ucar.edu: RPC: Timed out
>
> Is this a problem and what causes this?

It means that the upstream LDM process on Hercules couldn't flush the
connection to the downstream LDM process on Malbec.  The upstream LDM
will, consequently, terminate and the downstream LDM will, consequently,
reconnect.  No data should be lost.

The cause is likely to be the poor quality of the connection between
Hercules and Malbec.

> Also, you suggested to Chris that we use "setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
> 2.4.19"  on the ground ldm.  Is this something that we should also be
> using on the aircraft side?

I don't think it could hurt, but I would only do it if a downstream LDM
ran on Hercules on the same version of the operating-system or if the
LDM on Hercules exhibited the same symptoms.  See

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.4.5/known-problems.html

for more information.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson