[LDM #AET-991057]: LDM 6.4.4: upstream connection closed for unknown reason

Robert,

> I confirmed through verbose logging that he missing I parameters I see with
> GEMPAK (TMPC, ..etc) did not appear in the log files either.  However, I did
> not see readtcp errors at all the same times I had missing data.  Latency was
> only 40 minutes or so.

Actually, the latency appears to have hit about 3400 seconds (see
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+psnldm.balloonfacility.org>).
  Because this is close to the default one hour maximum latency and because the
reported latency is a sampling, it's possible that data-products were rejected
near the end of the arrival intervals for arriving too late.  A way to prevent
this is to specify a maximum allowable latency that's greater than one hour via
the "-m" option of ldmadmin(1).

Another possibility is that the missing-data products were never in the data
stream.  I'll ask our GEMPAK guru to contact you to see if we received the
missing data-products (in which case they were in the data stream).

Because your latency increases during the arrival period, can you increase your
bandwidth and/or decrease the number of data-products that you request?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: AET-991057
Department: Support LDM