[LDM #AET-991057]: LDM 6.4.4: upstream connection closed for unknown reason

> It looks like this is not an OS issue.  It may be a firewall issue.  I
> decided to make an older Linux box that I haven't converted to Solaris the
> primary feed.  I am seeing the same disconnect error with that box, BUT I am
> feeding the CONDUIT data to psnldm BEHIND the firewall from the Linux box and
> am not seeing the error.

The Linux system is getting the CONDUIT data from Bigbird and relaying it to
the Solaris 5.10 system?

> Have you seen firewalls cause issues like this?

We've seen firewalls do some strange things.  I don't recall this particular
behavior, however.  Usually, a firewall prevents a connection from being
established at all.  Firewalls are, however, general-purpose computers -- so
they can do almost anything.  Some firewalls have packet-shaping capabilities
which interfere with the LDM (they artificially limit the amount of traffic).

Do you have a network administrator who could vet the configuration of your
firewall?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: AET-991057