[LDM #AET-991057]: LDM 6.4.4: upstream connection closed for unknown reason

Robert,

> Here is the error I get.  I am feeding directly from Texas A&M now:
>

> Mar 16 09:31:07 psnldm bigbird.tamu.edu[5065] NOTE: Upstream LDM-6 on
> bigbird.tamu.edu is willing to be a primary feeder
> Mar 16 09:35:19 psnldm bigbird.tamu.edu[5065] ERROR: one_svc_run(): RPC layer
> closed connection
> Mar 16 09:35:19 psnldm bigbird.tamu.edu[5065] ERROR: Terminating due to LDM
> failure; Connection to upstream LDM closed

OK.  That's about what I expected (not much :-).

To discover why the RPC layer closed the connection, the logging-level of the
downstream LDM process must be verbose.  Would you please change the
logging-level by sending a SIGUSR2 signal to the downstream LDM process.  The
process will then write one log message to the log file for every product that
it receives -- but that can't be helped.  Keep an eye on the log file; when you
again see the "RPC layer closed connection" message, then you may revert the
logging-level of the downstream LDM process back to normal by sending it *TWO*
more SIGUSR2 signals.  The first one will change the logging-level to debug and
the second will change the logging-level to normal.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: AET-991057
Department: Support LDM