20060212: bigbird.tamu.edu LDM upgrade

>From:  Gerry Creager N5JXS <address@hidden>

Hi Gerry,

re:
>Bigbird decided to die today.  Our sys-admin caught it fairly quickly
>and when a reboot didn't fix things, he rebuilt the system: new hard
>drives and OS load.  I'm checking things now but we should be back on
>the air.  Please notify me via e-mail or cell if I need to reconfig someone.

I noticed that bigbird was unreachable this morning when I tried to
contact it after upgrading sasquatch to LDM-6.4.5.2 (soon to be
6.4.5).

I just logged onto bigbird and did as much of the LDM-6.4.5.2 installation
as I could without 'root' privilege ('ldm' is not in the sudoers file
on bigbird after the rebuild).  If you want to finish the LDM upgrade
please do the following:

<as 'root'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.4.5.2/src
make install_setuids

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
ldmadmin stop && rm runtime && ln -s ldm-6.4.5.2 runtime && ldmadmin start

If you want me to finish the upgrade, please let me know when 'ldm'
has been (re)added to the sudoers file.

>From address@hidden  Sun Feb 12 15:20:56 2006

Tom,

Noted.  I'll try to do it now.  We took everyone out of sudo'ing to root
after we had a privilege/misuse problem... NOT you guys.

Thanks, gerry